Note from the Editors: Kyle breaks prospecting down to a 12-step process brilliantly. And, we can’t resist this so we will say it WittyParrot can totally help with Item #6 on Kyle’s list.
Customer acquisition machines have a process. I like to call it cadence. One example is the 7 x 7 approach that many of our clients use. Here’s how it works:
- Break your sales team into prospectors and closers.
- Show your prospectors how to get great customer data quickl(*disclosure*: this is what we help with).
- Have prospectors create lists either daily or weekly.
- Email 50 prospects each morning.
- Follow up with a 6 touches (calls & emails) over a 6 day period to that audience.
- Use technology to speed up routine tasks (chrome extensions, email templates, text accelerators).
- Make email templates funny (we use a picture of a man being chased by a hippo in one of ours).
- Improve process on a monthly basis.
- Create a “play-book” that defines your process and best practices. Continually update it.
- Set goals for performance pay and promotion.
- Report on all rep’s performance weekly to the entire team and leadership group.
- Win 🙂
About Kyle Porter:
CEO & founder of SalesLoft. Entrepreneur & writer. Love building customer acquisition machines and providing delightment to customers.
Topics: Customer Service & Support