This blog is a collection of 25 best blog posts on how social media influences job seekers as well as recruiters.
The overwhelming growth in social media has brought a radical change to the way people are connecting with each other. This has compelled companies to embrace social media to source top talent. Although social media is an inexpensive yet excellent method of recruiting the candidates; there is a certain amount of finesse required to use it for hiring new talent.
With companies embracing social media it is very important for candidates to be careful about what they post of social channels. As social media is an excellent place to look for new job postings, candidates can use as a potential tool to search and apply for jobs.
This post is a collection of 25 posts that will provide valuable information about how to tap into the full potential of social media for sourcing talent (recruiters) and how to avoid social media pitfalls (candidates).
We have organized the blog posts in two different categories as follows:
1. Social Media for Recruiters
2. Social Media for Job-Seekers
1. Social Media for Recruiters
- How Off The Clock Use Of Social Media Can Still Impact Your Workplace by Eric B. Meyer
- 3 Ways to Be Constantly Recruiting Star Talent Through Social Media by Joe Budzienski
- Social Recruiting: A How To Guide by Tony Restell
- Social Media Recruiting: Tips for Finding Talent (and Getting Hired) by Jim Conti
- How Social Media Changed the Hiring Process by Travis Huff
- How Recruiters Creepily Troll Social Media for Job Candidates (Infographic) by Kim Lachance Shandrow
- Why Social Media Will Become Harder, And Other Talent Acquisition Trends by Melissa Bailey
- Is Social Media The Vital Skill You Aren’t Tracking? by Mark Bennett
- Executives Aren’t Always Right: Why Social Media Recruiting Has A Place In Every Industry by Clare Bettelley
- How Recruiters Are Using Social Media—and What It Means for You by Caroline Ceniza-Levine
- How To Use Social Media To Hire The Perfect Employee For Your Current Project by Anna Rodriguez
Reading is fun, but watching is even better!
Take a break and watch this short video on how WittyParrot helps recruiters automate their LinkedIn Outreach.
2. Social Media for Job Seekers
- 55% of recruiters reconsider job candidates after seeing their social profiles by Jillian Kumagai
- What Hurts You on Social With Recruiters by Mike Stiles
- How Job Seekers Use Social Media and Mobile in 2015 [STUDY] by Jörgen Sundberg
- How social media can actually help you get hired by Andres Traslavina
- The 7 Social Media Mistakes Most Likely to Cost You a Job by Jacob Davidson
- New generation is happy for employers to monitor them on social media by Chris James Carter
- Job applicants’ social media profiles now checked by companies as ‘common practice’ by Linda Skates
- Ask an Expert: All About Utilizing Social Media While Job Searching by Andy Orin
- The Importance of Social Media for Your Job Search [INFOGRAPHIC] by Shea Bennett
- 45 things successful job seekers do on social media by Erin Greenawald
- 10 Reasons Job Seekers Should Embrace Social Media by Hannah Morgan
- Your Digital Life: Job seekers, be wise on social media by Steven Petrow
- The Definitive Social Media To-Do List For Job Seekers by Tony Restell
- Job Seeker? Here’s What NOT to Post on Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC] by Jörgen Sundberg
We would like to thank our good friend and supporter Mary Jaksch for guiding us to get this post up and running.
Let us know which post inspired you the most and what did you learn that was useful. Share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you liked this, you or somebody you know may also be interested in our recent posts: 100 Best HR Blog Posts, 100 Best Blog Posts for Smart Salespeople or 100 Best Blog Posts for Smart Content Marketers
Bloggers: If you have been featured in this list, we can provide you with an official badge to display on your website.
If you would like to download this official badge, please Send Mail